A man and his seven children found dead in their Maryland home Monday were poisoned by carbon monoxide from a generator they were using after the power company cut off their electricity, a couple identified as the man’s mother and stepfather said.
A father and his seven children were killed by carbon monoxide poisoning Monday, April 6, 2015 in a one-story Maryland Eastern Shore home.
Rodney Todd, age 36, had purchased a generator after the power was shut off to his home in Princess Anne, about 60 miles southeast of Annapolis. Rodney Todd, his two sons and five daughters were found dead Monday. The children were identified by family members as Cameron, 13, and Zycheim, 7; and girls Tynijuiza, 15; Tykira, 12; Tybree, 10; Tyania, 9; and Tybria, 6.
Princess Anne police Chief Scott Keller report that no foul play was suspected after a power generator with no gasoline was found in the kitchen. He confirmed that electricity to the home was cut by the power company.
— DelmarvaNow! (@MyDelmarvaNow) April 6, 2015
— NBC Nightly News (@NBCNightlyNews) April 6, 2015
— WATE 6 On Your Side (@6News) April 7, 2015
— People magazine (@people) April 7, 2015
Stay informed with news from PublicSafetyReporter.com’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos.