Charlottesville firefighters responded about 10:07 p.m. Saturday to a report of a house fire on Ware Street near Elliot Avenue and discovered a basement fire.
Charlottesville firefighters said gasoline stored in the house exploded during a fire on Saturday May 7, 2016. One firefighter was able to reactively duck down to avoid getting hit by the blast coming out of a window.
No injuries were reported.
Charlottesville fire officials reminded residents that improper storage of gasoline is very dangerous.
See also … CBS 19 VIDEO: Officials say gasoline kept in basement of Ware Street house
While investigating a fire on Ware Street, @CvilleFireDept learned gasoline was kept in the basement of the house. – https://t.co/5HaKDGgKyo
— CBS19 ABC16 FOX27 (@Newsplex) May 10, 2016
Stay informed with news from PublicSafetyReporter.com’s Emergencies Behind the Scenes Facebook page — Facebook.com/CardinalEmergencies. Includes links to favorite public safety and emergency rescuers and product manufacturers and safety companies that have facebook pages. Submit your pictures or just stay up-to-date on with fire, rescue, EMS and police photo galleries. Please add your public safety photo to the wall album — go direct to the Arlington Cardinal Emergencies Behind the Scenes photos. For a list of all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages, go to Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …